Our products are sold as is and do not include any provision of support on how to install, setup and use the products. To avoid any additional fees, before returning any products, we recommend that you personally attempt to troubleshoot your issue first as best you can by following the manufacturers guideline (assuming you are comfortable and have the knowledge required) and document the steps you have taken, so that we may be able to provide more efficient support and direction. Often additional support is offered directly by the manufacturer. Please check the table above for more information if this is available. 1Gadget is only be able to offer limited technical support and if any additional support is required then it may be offered to our customer at a chargeable hourly rate.
We recommend that you first contact manufacturer warranty using contact methods found on this page.
When can I claim a refund or exchange?
Under Australian Consumer Law, you are entitled to a refund or exchange if the item you have ordered has a major problem. This is typically when the item is either:
- not in a merchantable condition
- not able to perform its intended purpose
- not matching the description provided.
If your item has a problem that is not major (i.e. easily fixed), we may elect to repair it within a reasonable time, before a partial refund, full refund or exchange is considered. We typically do not provide refunds or exchanges in the following cases:
- You change your mind about your purchase.
- You purchased the wrong product.
- There is a fault in the product that you were already aware of or we have specifically advised about.
- The item is damaged due to non-recommended use of the item, alterations not done by us, or any other factors beyond our control.
For purposes when calculating depreciation, lifetime warranty products will be based on 5 years. We may provide a cancellation of your order if you notify us before your item is dispatched. However, cancellations are provided at our discretion so please order carefully.
Please note if the product is deemed NO FAULT FOUND for any warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim, a service fee up to $50 with any additional shipping charges may be applied; and any inspection / rejection fees by the relevant authorised service centre may also be applied. If a product is found to have been supplied to you in full compliance with the Australian Consumer Law, we may require you pay to 1Gadget Pty Ltd all costs associated with returning the product to you.
How can I be eligible for Refund, Return, Warranty Claim & or Consumer Guarantee Claim?
To be eligible for a refund, return, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim consumers must meet the following requirements:
- report the details of the fault and take the goods back to 1Gadget (or return them by post or courier);
- state what remedy you would like. 1Gadget Pty Ltd does not guarantee that the remedy you request will be granted;
- provide proof of purchase when returning the goods;
- stop using the faulty item;
- ensure reasonable care is taken while the goods are in your possession.
- be sure that you did not cause the fault ie. fault was not caused by the product being used in an abnormal or non-recommended way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering the manufacturer’s warranty void;
- the product must not be disposed of, lost or destroyed. In other words, we need to be able to prove that the product has failed; and
- not have reduced in value by delay on the customer’s part. Customers should bring faults to 1Gadget’s attention soon after they occur.
- 1Gadget Pty Ltd recommends that you carefully review the details of the manufacturer’s warranty (if such a warranty applies) and ensure that you comply with the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty. 1Gadget Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for non-compliance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
Rejection of a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim.
1Gadget reserves the right to reject a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim if consumers:
- Change their mind about a product. This includes when a consumer has found a cheaper product elsewhere, has bought a gift that is unsuitable (where the consumer has not made any specific intended use of the product known to 1Gadget Pty Ltd), or their circumstances have changed and they no longer require the goods.
- Caused the fault by using the product in an abnormal way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering it void, or it may be a use that you wouldn’t reasonably expect the product to perform
- Damage the product by making alterations not performed by us.
- Damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control.
- Are unable to provide a proof of purchase, namely a tax invoice.
- Are responsible for damaging the goods by not following the care instructions (if any are provided).
In some circumstances, we are happy to offer our consumers with a conditional courtesy return if consumers want to exchange products purchased incorrectly provided the:
- customer notifies 1Gadget within 7 days of receipt of delivery of the product;
- products are not opened, used and are still in pristine conditions;
- customer accepts a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price;
- 1Gadget may reject the return upon inspecting the condition of the products and will return the products to the customer at the customer’s expense.
Acceptance of such returns are at the discretion of 1Gadget
How do I request a refund or exchange?
Please send all requests for refund/exchange through either our
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must provide the following details when you contact us:
- Your name, address and contact details.
- Proof of purchase in the form of a tax invoice (preferred) or tax invoice number.
- The reason you wish for a return.
Where possible, we would like to troubleshoot your issue and resolve it without the need for a return process. If we find that a return for your item is necessary, we will provide you with a return authorisation (RA) number. Please do not send items to us without a RA number, as this may delay the processing of your item.
If you are seeking a refund or exchange for a networking item (e.g. routers, modems, wi-fi range extenders), we ask that you contact the manufacturer first and get a case number before contacting us. This will help speed up the returns process.
Returning goods to 1Gadget
1Gadget do not take responsibility for any goods damaged or lost in transit when the customer sends the product back to us for warranty or return. The manufacturer’s warranty may be void if the product is damaged in transit. Please ensure the product is packed appropriately for shipping before sending it back to us. If you are unsure about how to pack a product appropriately for shipping please contact us. The consumer is responsible for any and all charges associated with returning the goods to 1Gadget Pty Ltd except where the cost of transporting the goods is significant due to the size, height or type of problem with the goods. Some charges may be reimbursed by 1Gadget Pty Ltd to the consumer where the consumer is entitled at law to have those charges reimbursed to them. To minimise processing delays customers are recommended to request a Return Authorisation (RA) number via the website and drop off your item/s with the approved RA number.
For RTB (return to base) manufacturer’s warranty claims: customers are required to send the unit back to 1Gadget or to the authorized service centre with proof of purchase and a detailed fault description. 1Gadget recommends customers to use our online RA (return authorization) system to obtain further information on the warranty procedures and also access online status updates.
For Manufacturer direct warranty claims: customers are recommended to contact the manufacturer for expert technical support & warranty assistance, to lodge warranty claims and organize pickup or delivery. Please note, 1Gadget do not provide pickup services on behalf of the manufacturer/3rd party service centres. Please read manufacturer’s warranty cards/manuals for additional information regarding support and warranty.
In cases were goods are returned to us for repair that contain User Generated Data (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) we advise that repairing the goods may result in the loss of the User Generated Data. User Generated Data may include (but is not limited to) data stored on a computer hard drive, mobile phone, IPod, digital camera or USB.
Special Orders, Clearance, Discontinued Items, Free products, Software, Refurbished Products and Consumable Products
1Gadget do not accept the return or exchange if consumers
- simply changed their mind;
- no longer require due to changed personal circumstances;
- found the product cheaper somewhere else;
- the goods are damaged due to misuse; or
- already knew of a particular fault in a product or we advised you of a particular fault in a product prior to purchase.
A limited warranty may also apply for clearance, discontinued, or free product. Please read the product description or contact us for more details if you are unsure whether a product within the category above has limited warranty or not.